Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A great first half



I'll be the first to tell you that I'm definitely satisfied with the way the first half of the season turned out for my beloved Tigers. No way did I expect them to have a 59-29 record and have the best record in all of baseball and have a two game lead over the White Sox for the lead in the AL Central.

Heres to hoping they can keep up the pace in the second half and be in the playoffs for the first time since 1987. Hopefully the pitching holds up and the young players like Granderson, Zumaya, and Verlander don't get too fatigued down the stretch. I would hate to do what the Cleveland Indians did down the stretch last year and then have to recall the vivid image of Chicago White Sox coach Ozzie Guillen giving the choke sign (see image)
Also here is hoping that the players (i.e Carlos Guillen, Pudge, Maggs) stay healthy during the stretch run.

The first half of the season was also a great one for two of my three fantasy baseball teams (yeah im a fantasy sports dork). In the random yahoo public league i joined i'm in first place with a game lead over the rest of the competition. I'm boasting a 59-41-10 record and have won seven of my last eight weekly matchups after opening the season by losing the first three weeks.

In the league I care about most (league im in with people from work) I'm a 0.5 game behind Scott for first place with a 118-85-44 record. In that league i've won five straight weekly matchups and seven of my last eight.
Then theres the league I'm doing shitty in.. the league im in with EMU people. I'm 12th out of 14 teams and 39 games behind the league leader.

1 comment:

Moderator said...

The Sox will come on strong. Easy schedule + veteran experience = victory.