Friday, January 27, 2006

Super Bowl


Looking at the Super Bowl matchup for this year I'm not sure who I even want to root for. Good thing the game isn't for another week.

Theres Pittsburgh which has Ben Roethlisberger and then the feel good story of the century in Jerome Bettis. Bettis is from Detroit and could be playing his final game ever in the Super Bowl which is in his hometown. Its so ironic that his fumble at the goal line against the Colts didn't come back to haunt him or the Steelers. Its like they were a team destined to reach Ford Field.

On the other hand Roethlisberger is the man - He went to a MAC school (Miami-OH) and I always like to root for those from MAC schools considering I went to one. Besides that he has had immediate success in the NFL and made me want to purchase a terrible towel when I went through Pittsburgh last February on my way to Washington D.C. He has a great track record as a starter and he gets the job done. And you have to like a team that wins on the road like the Steelers have done - they've made history as the first No. 6 seed to reach the Super Bowl.

On the other hand, the Seahawks sport the MVP Shaun Alexander. I'm a big fan of running backs who are effective and he definitely fits the mold. This is the first season I've really tracked him immensely and that is because he helped me finish runner-up in my fantasy football league. Regardless the guy has talent.

Besides him Seattle has a talented quarterback in Matt Hasselback and they are from the NFC - the same conference my favorite team resides in. They also are in their first Super Bowl and you would like to see them get the win. Pittsburgh has been in the big game several times but at the same time you'd like to see Bettis go out on top in his hometown.

No comments: