Monday, September 19, 2005

football rambling

Well this weekend ended on a sour note as it looks like I'll more than likely lose all my fantasy football games this week but also having to see the Lions get whipped in Chicago yesterday was just ridiculous. I saw myself flashing back to the ugly preseason game that was at Ford Field against the Rams.

Everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong for the Lions. And based on my discussions with Nate and Mr. Scott Mcneish, it is very feasible that the NFC North winner could very well be 8-8 or 7-9. It would almost equate to baseball's pitiful National League West Division. Even Minnesota, who was supposed to be the front runner in the division, is 0-2 after getting whipped by Cincinnati (WHODEY). Then Green Bay is 0-2 and Detroit and Chicago are tied for the division lead with 1-1 records.

Speaking of whippings, Eastern absolutely got demolished by UM - just as I expected. But I thought at least the Eagles would be able to move the ball or score some points. I was very disapointed that they weren't able to get on the board, even against Michigan's scrubs. I hope they come ready to play in their MAC opener against CMU this weekend.



I guess at least EMU got paid $400,000 to travel seven miles for an ass beating. And hey maybe they can say they are the team that got Michigan back on track. I'm hoping for a better showing from Eastern when it plays Michigan again in 2007.

And to bring it to high school football for a minute, I got a chance to see Adrian play again and I think they are pretty legit. Minus a few stupid special teams penalties they dominated Chelsea. They are two wins away from reachin the playoffs but have a tough game on the road at Pioneer this week. But the thing they have going for them is a great defense, which is a big part why they are the No. 2 ranked team in Division 3.

As far as fantasy football is concerned I was surprised by a lot of performances this week like Daunte Culpepper throwing five interceptions. It seems like him and Joey Harrington are on the same level.



Also i'm surprised Kevin Jones hasnt been able to run the ball that well in the first two games. Just as dismal as his performance has been, on the other hand Pittsburgh's Willie Parker has had a couple of good games. And former UM receiver Braylon Edwards had more than 100 yards receiving in his second game in the NFL. Hopefully he wont be a bust like the most recent UM receiver that was a top-10 draft pick - David Terrell.

No comments: