Sunday, May 29, 2005

Argh

So when trying to post this the first time, my stupid ass lost all the content and now I sit here retyping an entry in which I already had completed

Argh!! Anyways I was talking about the Adrian Maples Softball Tournament which I covered yesterday at Adrian High School. It was where I spent most my day, and it wasnt bad at all. Adrian ended up winning the tournament and I ended up pulling a pretty good story out of it which is linked to this page.

Story link

The last game of the tournament was just awful - Farmington was horrible and made so many mistakes. I was actually expecting them to be a pretty good team. Guess I was wrong. After my tournament wrapped up I stopped over at the baseball tournament to see my editor Sean and see how the games were going. The Blissfield coach got his 900th win - he prolly shoulda got it at the game I was at on Wednesday but the team came out flat.

And the people of Adrian were very helpful and so nice and helped me out with all I needed. Always a plus when you are new to a town and covering events.

When I went to the office yesterday, I got my head shot picture taken for anytime I have columns or stories that require my headshot. I went the hard approach and didnt smile in my picture - Remind me to never do that again. The pic prolly looks horrible but what can you do.
While at the office I saw the very end of the Yankees-Red Sox game - 17-1 Boston. What a thrashing. and 27 hits too. Crazy crazy.

I also got my work email address yesterday - its brian@lenconnect.com

After I got off work and came home for a minute I went exploring around Adrian for a bit. I went to the Adrian Mall which was very similar to the Orchards Mall in Benton Harbor due to the respect that there are the same three department stores (Elder Beerman, JCPenney and Sears) That is where all the similarities end because stores in the Orchards Mall struggle to stay open. And the Adrian Mall has a lot higher quality stores like American Eagle, Aeropostale, Finish Line, Sam Goody, a Gamefrenzy and a few other tight places.

While I was out I went to Meijer to go pick up a newspaper since mine was missing from my doorway when I got off work. I hate newspaper thieves. While at Meijer I ran into the only two other people I really know in Adrian - Carey McAdam and her fiance Eli. That was pretty tight and I talked to them for awhile and they told me to hit them up if I needed anything or got lonely.

Alight time to roll for now - Go Pistons tonight! Make Stan Van Gundy eat his words talking shit about Pistons fans.

No comments: