Wednesday, August 03, 2005

sand volleyball at the Cafe

For the first time since I've really been down in Adrian, I've found myself immersed in the culture. Last night I headed up to the LA Cafe, meeting up with this girl Crystal I met last week. I guess they typically go and play volleyball on Tuesday night so I was able to join the fun and had a blast. My team of 4' s even won the mini tournament that we had. But it was a cool night of playin volleyball from 10:30 - 2 am and enjoying 50 cent drafts and meeting some new people like Crystals cousin Trish and her husband Bobby and several others who were out playing volleyball

I hadn't played in awhile so it was tight to get back in the swing of things - even if I came home sandy like crazy. Met this girl Dana from Tecumseh who was an interesting character. Pretty cool gal but she was tellin me she got kicked out of college for walking down her hallway naked with alcohol in her hand. And i guess her school had a dry campus too. Found it interesting but she was on my team most of the nite when we were tearing it up

Then a crazy black dude named Quinton was drunk as fuck tryin to play volleyball. He had a classic shirt that said "It's not easy being easy" - I was like nice buddy. But he was talking about how living in the Bronx was so cheap when he had to be corrected by Crystal and her cousin because they are all from Syracuse and know the lifestyle of NY. Crazy times fo sho

Now if I could only completely get all the sand off me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It aint easy being easy?"
Classic.

Brian said...

what can i say - fo sho is a part of the regular vocabulary

Anonymous said...

When did you stop saying "Fo Shizzle," dizzle?

Jason