Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lansing / Harry Potter

I spent most of my day up in Lansing today where I covered the MHSFCA East-West All-Star Football game at Spartan Stadium on the campus of MSU. Heading to campus marked the first time I'd been on that campus in eons. I was probably there for a campus tour one day as a part of the INROADS program between my junior and senior year of high school I think, and I was also there for a week for Boys State after my junior year of High school

Having not been there in awhile I forgot how nice of a campus it is. The stadium has changed quite a bit since I'd last been inside it for a spring game several years ago. The press box was sweet and had a pretty nice view of the campus.

Overall the area was pretty cool and I got to go around some of it before the game when I saw Sean's crib and grabbed some lunch with him.

--------

Last night, Sarah dragged me with her to go get the seventh and final Harry Potter book at Meijer. Man were there a lot of interesting people - some in costumes - there to get their books. I was amazed at how big of a deal a fictional character is to some people, but I guess I'll never know.

The line to get the book at midnight moved rather quickly at Meijer. Sarah had her book within 15 minutes, but with so many people there to pick up the book and few cashiers, it made for a long wait in line to checkout.

No comments: