Monday, July 02, 2007

Bonding with dad























As part of something my dad and I try to do together every few months, we ended up going to the Twins-Tigers Sunday night baseball game last night. With my dad working two jobs and myself staying busy we only see each other every few months so its cool to see him when I can.

My dad and I sat in infield box seats behind the Tigers dugout which were my treat to my Dad for fathers day. I didnt get a chance to get home for Fathers day and haven't since I've worked in Adrian because the NASCAR race at MIS is always that day.

The Tigers-Twins game was awesome with Marcus Thames solo home run in the eighth inning lifting the Tigs to a 1-0 victory and improving Jeremy Bonderman's record to 9-1.

Before the game was cool because they announced the Twins and Tigers plaeyrs who were named to the All Star team. The Tigs had 5 with Placido Polanco, Maggs and Pudge starting and Verlander and Carlos Guillen making the team as reserves.

It was Magglio Ordonez bobblehead day. but those were looooong gone way before we got to the game. I taped the game with my DVD-R and it was cool to hear and see Ernie Harwell do some play-by-play.

My dad reminded me as we were walkin out the ballpark that the game was similar to the game we saw on a Sunday last August. We saw Wilfredo Ledezma (who is now an Atlanta Brave) pitch the Tigers to a 1-0 victory over Cleveland and C.C. Sabathia.

But it was definitely cool to spend time with the pops.

Detroit Free Press photo

No comments: