Thursday, June 09, 2005

sports ramblings

history was made last night in Oklahoma City when the UM softball team showed that teams in the Eastern US can play softball. That was awesome to see them beat UCLA to win the College Softball World Series. I bet Corey had fun at that one

Anyways thats pretty awesome. Its been so damn hot out lately - argh - its just been sweltering. work has been so laid back and kinda dull this week because nothing is really going on. Tuesday and yesterday it was jsut Ed and I working in the office.

The tigers dealt Urbina yesterday to the Phillies for Placido Polanco - i was so surprised with the timing of the trade considering Percival just came off the DL, but I guess we need some help on offense and our bullpen has fared well thus far.

Oh and I got to do a tight story about the Major League Baseball Draft with two kids from Blissfield being draftedt two picks apart from each other in the ninth round. When talkin to my boss on the phone last night he told me he thought it turned out pretty good so that was cool.

Blissfield kids drafted

Game one of the finals tonight. This reminds me of last year when so many people were writing off Detroit like they did against the Lakers last season. Lets hope they show the world again

No comments: