Saturday, July 09, 2005

me = Ronald Dupree

So today I decided to check out the YMCA right down the road from my house thanks to persuasion from this girl Amber, who went to Grand Valley and I met through my friend from home Lynz who visited me last September at good ol EMU. Amber is from around the area and works at the Y and called me and told me she'd show me around so I took her up on the offer. She gave me membership info and then left me to play at the basketball courts which was cool and fun.

I ended up playing a pick-up game with this kid from Madison High School (it neighbors Adrian). His last name was Smead and he was a sophomore in high school and was a pretty solid bball player who might be playing varsity in the winter. When he found out I work at the paper he told me to put his name in it - he will have to earn it first but if he hits shots like he was when he played I'm sure it will go in. We played a pretty contested game but my ass is so out of shape that I got beat. That was my first time hooping since like March, if not before that. After hitting a three to open the scoring i pretty much had to use my height and speed advantage in the paint against the kid.

Anyways his friend was watchin adn wanted to take me on - I told him id try but i really didnt have much energy left in the tank. I was beating the kid (we played to 5) 3-2 when I just got so tired so I ended up losing 5-3 . I'll get em next time when Im back in shape.

But after we got done playin the guys told me I should come back during the week when they are running full court games and try to hop in. They asked when I was coming back andI told them I had no clue but I think i'll need to check it out soon. Then the kid was like you know who u look like? I was like who and he told me Ronald Dupree. I'd never heard that shit before but dont think I do at all

i mean does this guy look like me??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see the comparison a little bit.

Nate