Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wheldon luncheon

Yesterday had to be one of my most interesting experiences as a young journalist thus far. I was at the media luncheon for Dan Wheldon at Webers Inn in Ann Arbor and just being around the group of journalists that were there was pretty tight. You had Jim Carty from the AA News, Mike Brudenell from the Detroit Free Press, Angelique Chengelis from the Detroit News, Matt Markey from the Toledo Blade and a few others I recognized at the small event.

And when it was time for the meal I was sitting next to some guy from IRL on one side and Wheldon on the other side. I mean it was definitely crazy to be sitting next to an Indy 500 winner. Was I star struck? Please. Racing people just dont do that to me. And I think it would be very hard for me to be star struck anyways just because its part of the job of being a journalist.

As far as Wheldon was as a person he was definitely pretty cool. Angelique asked him a question about Danica Patrick and her similarity to Anna Kournikova and something to that effect and he twisted it around and was like "are you asking me on a date" - Angelique quickly responded and was like no i think my husband would be mad.

But he seems to definitely love the ladies. He talked about how he went to the playboy mansion and that boys will be boys. Also said Danica was hot and talked about how he met Sharapova and he thought she was hot. One of the funny things was he talked about how he was on the Regis and Kelly show and he thought Kelly looked good for having three kids. He then said if my future wife doesnt look that good after having three kids then were gonna have some problems. LOL.

All in all it was pretty tight fo sho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he's got a little problem oggling the married women, eh?

Nate